Dr Dave's unique perspective on our culture, politics, business, history and economics.

The Best of Dr Dave's Weekly Radio Show

Click here to listen to Archive shows

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Attorney General of a Nation of Cowards

Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

I am so steamed about this I can barely write. I must ask once more: how much bigotry and hatred must be practiced to eliminate bigotry and hatred?

Here's my considered response to Holder's speech:

Mr Holder,
I have lost all tolerance for the warped perspective you and other America haters express about the country I love and it's citizens. With all due respect-screw you! I cannot believe that an appointee of my President, and a man in service to the people of America would make such an outrageously bigoted and false statement about my wonderful country.

This country once fought a devastating war, brother against brother, for four torturous years. That war cost around $2.5 million daily. An official report in 1879 estimated Federal costs totaled $6,190,000,000. The Confederacy spent somewhere around $2,099,808,707 more. The total casualties of 1,094,453 brave souls means more Americans gave their sacred lives and were wounded in that war than any other war before or since. By 1906 another $3.3 billion had been spent by the Federal government for Northerners' pensions and other veterans' benefits. That war was fought to end slavery and keep the Union together. The very existence of this country was risked to make right the horrific wrong of one American enslaving another.

During that war an American President risked his health, his life through multiple assassination attempts, his political power and position, and his wife's sanity. Ultimately he sacrificed his life to free American slaves.

In the 1960's LBJ spent over $305.7 billion (in 2009 dollars) in Great Society spending primarily in an attempt to make amends for the injustice of slavery, segregation and institutional bigotry throughout American history.

The Americans have freed more people of all races than any other country on the face of the Earth. In just the last 8 years we have freed over 50 million men, women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan. People can vote for their leaders, are relatively safe and no longer fear the death squads of their own evil leaders. Brave Americans volunteered to do this, and many gave their lives to do so.

Now we have an African American President and Attorney General and after all this we are a nation of racial cowards? What country on Earth could you possibly be talking about? You sir are an idiot!

I hold you in utter contempt not because of your race, but your ignorance and hateful bigotry. I refuse to be lumped together with whatever negligible remnants of cowardly racists may remain in this country. Show me just how brave a man YOU are by apologizing sincerely for your incredibly thoughtless, insulting statement. You are a hateful fool. I am embarrassed for you. Bigotry is evil whether based on race or country, when practiced by a person of any race. Period.

You are the Attorney General of the United States of America- grow up and get serious. The collegiate, liberal "bravo sierra" no longer cuts it.


I hope I don't regret this. I haven't typed what I really wanted to though, believe me. I usually try to cool off before I write, but this flummery demanded a strong, quick and clear response. Elections do have consequences.
blog comments powered by Disqus