Dr Dave's unique perspective on our culture, politics, business, history and economics.

The Best of Dr Dave's Weekly Radio Show

Click here to listen to Archive shows

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An O'Reilly Apology?

While I'm at it, I thought I'd send ol' Bill another email about another example of his class envy/corporate evil blind spot.

Last summer when fuel prices were completely out of control, Bill pounded the oil companies for profiteering. I thought there was more to the story, perhaps having to do with the speculators in that industry, but didn't have any facts to back it up. Now I do. I wrote about it all in a previous post. If you haven't read it, you need to take a moment to do so. The truth is even more stunning than we thought.

Here's my email to Bill:

Bill,
Last summer you were pounding the gas companies for profiteering. It didn't pass the smell test for me. Turns out the Semgroup, a company out of Tulsa, OK shorted 30% of American fuel and created the price problems. They have since declared bankruptcy, and the details are trickling out. Check out the Steve Forbes interview with Jon Catsimatidis. He's taking over the Semgroup. Please do the story on the fraud and apologize to the oil companies.

I'm looking out for you,
Dr Dave
blog comments powered by Disqus